Soup is a classic comfort food, but there’s no reason you can’t add variety to your menu.
Here are 21 ways to spice up your next bowl of soup!
Soups are a great way to get healthy nutrients into your body without having to eat a ton of calories.
Soups are also a great way to stretch out your meal budget because they are usually inexpensive.
Here are 21 different recipes that you can try out for yourself.
1. Pull-apart garlic bread
Garlic bread is a great way to round out any meal. It goes well with soups, stews, chili, pasta dishes, salads, sandwiches, and even desserts. To make pull-apart garlic bread, cut two pieces of baguette into 1/2 inch slices. Spread each slice with butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with minced garlic. Bake until golden brown. 2. Garlic mashed potatoes 3. Parmesan cheese biscuits
1. Pull-apart Garlic Bread Pull-apart garlic bread is a great way of rounding out any meal. It go well with soups,stews,chili,pasta dishes,salads,sandwiches,and desserts.To make pull-apartgarlic bread,cut two pieces of baguettes into 1/2 inchslices.Spread each slice withbutter,sprinklewith saltandpepper,andtopwithmincedgarlic.Bakeuntilgoldenbrown. 2.Garlic Mashed Potatoes
3. Southern biscuits
Southern Biscuits 4.Creamy Spinach Salad 5. Roasted Red Peppers
4. Grilled cheese sandwich
1. Southern biscuits 2. Creamy spinach salad 3. Roasted red peppers 5. Grilled cheese sandwich Answer: 1. Southern biscuits 2. Creamy spinach salad 3. Roasted red peppers 4. Grilled cheese sandwich 5. Chicken nuggets
5. Red potato salad
6. Spaghetti squash
6. Baked sweet potato fries
5. Red potato salad 7. Potato salad 8. Sweet potato fries
7. Broccoli salad
6. Baked sweet potato chips 5. Red potato chips
8. Buttered noodles
1. Broccoli Salad – 1 cup cooked broccoli florets, ½ cup shredded carrots, ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper, 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Mix well and chill until ready to serve. 2. Baked Sweet Potato Chips – Preheat oven to 350 degrees F 175 degrees C. Peel and cut potatoes into wedges; place in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
8. Buttered Noodles – Boil 3 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Add 1/3 cup of butter and 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil and stir in 1 package 16 ounces of egg noodles. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan. Stir in 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately. 10. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in center of mixture and add eggs, buttermilk, vanilla extract and melted butter. Beat together with a wooden spoon until smooth. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool cookies slightly on wire racks. Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler over hot water. Dip tops of cooled cookies into melted chocolate. Place on wax paper and let stand until set. 11. Chocolate Chip Cookies – Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder in a medium mixing bowl. Add shortening and mix with pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Gradually add granulated sugar and blend until combined. Add eggs and buttermilk and mix well. Shape dough into two balls and flatten each ball between palms. Wrap each ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll chilled dough into 1-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and press down gently. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
10. Jalapeño cheddar cornbread
1. Cornbread – Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. In a large bowl whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper. In another bowl beat together eggs, milk, mayonnaise, jalapeños, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in shredded Cheddar cheese. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares and serve warm. 2. Biscuits – Mix all biscuit ingredients together in a large bowl. Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead briefly. Pat dough into a circle about 1/4 inch thick. Cut biscuits using a 2-inch round cutter. Arrange biscuits on greased baking sheet. Brush tops with beaten egg white. Bake at 450 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and brush tops with additional egg white. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
11. Classic eggplant parmesan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice eggplants lengthwise into half moons. Place cut side down on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse off salt and pat dry. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add eggplant slices and sautee 5 to 7 minutes per side or until tender. Transfer to a plate. Combine Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Toss eggplant slices in mixture. Return to pan and place back on stove top over medium heat. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately. 12. Roasted red bell peppers Roast peppers directly on gas burner for 15 to 20 minutes or until skin blisters and blackens. Peel skins off and remove stems and seeds. Slice peppers in half and remove stem and seeds. Fill each pepper half with desired amount of goat cheese. Replace caps and return to grill for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish with chopped chives.
12. Jiffy corn casserole
Jiffy corn casseroles are perfect for entertaining because they are easy to assemble and serve. Simply combine canned corn, cream of mushroom soup, milk, butter, and seasonings in a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish. Cover and bake at 375°F for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serves 6 to 8. 13. Creamed spinach Combine 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon white pepper in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained. Stir well. Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary. Makes about 2 cups.
13. Roasted garlic green beans
Roasting garlic brings out its natural sweetness and mellows out its sharpness. To roast garlic, cut off the top third of each clove. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap tightly in foil. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes. Cool slightly and squeeze out the pulp into a bowl. Add enough olive oil to make a paste. Mix in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss with cooked green beans. Serves 4. 14. Garlic bread Slice a loaf of crusty Italian bread in half lengthwise. Spread the cut side generously with softened butter. Rub the cut sides of the bread with minced garlic. Top with grated Parmesan cheese. Arrange under a hot broiler for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately. Serves 4. 15. Chicken salad
14. Lemon rice
To make lemon rice, combine 1 cup uncooked white rice, 2 cups cold water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover pan, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice and remaining ingredients. Serves 6. 16. Baked stuffed shrimp 16. Stuffed peppers
15. Cilantro lime rice
To make lemon rice, combine ½ cup uncooked long grain rice, 2 cups cold salted water, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Cover and let sit 30 minutes. Drain well. Transfer rice mixture to a medium saucepan. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 minced garlic clove, and ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro leaves. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Stir in 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest and remaining ingredients. Served warm or chilled. 17. Chicken enchiladas 18. Spicy black bean soup
16. Roasted asparagus
1. Lemon Rice 2. Chicken Enchiladas
1. Lemon Rice: Ingredients: 1 cup long grain white rice, 2 cups vegetable broth, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, 3 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 cup chopped green onions, 1/2 cup diced tomato, 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, 1/2 cup frozen peas, 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, 1/2 pound bacon, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup buttermilk, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper, 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1/4 cup chopped chives, 1/4 cup minced parsley, 1/4 cup finely chopped dill, 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives, 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions, 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup dry sherry, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce, 1/4 pound thick cut smoked ham, 1/4 pound thin cut smoked ham, 1 cup cooked asparagus spears, 1/2 cup coarsely crushed cornflakes, 1/2 cup crushed potato chips, 1/2 cup broken pieces of stale bread, 1/2 cup cubed American cheese, 1/2 tablespoon minced jalapeño peppers, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup half-and-half, 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice, 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
What to serve with soup
Serve this delicious soup with crusty bread and a salad.
What is healthy to eat with soup?
Chicken noodle soup is a classic American comfort food. It is usually served piping hot and topped with noodles, cheese, and sometimes other ingredients such as celery, carrots, and peas. Chicken noodle soup is typically eaten during cold weather months. In addition to being delicious, chicken noodle soup is healthy because it contains lots of vegetables and low fat protein.
What goes well with soup for dinner?
Soup is a great way to get kids to eat vegetables. It’s also a good way to sneak veggies into picky eaters. I love making homemade chicken noodle soup because it’s easy and healthy. Here’s how to make it. First, chop up a bunch of carrots, celery, onions, garlic, and green beans. Then, sautee these ingredients in olive oil until tender. Add a couple of cans of cream of mushroom soup and mix well. Finally, add two cups of chicken broth and simmer for about 30 minutes. This recipe serves 4 people.
What can you eat with soup Besides crackers?
Chicken soup is a traditional remedy for colds and flu. It is believed to help ease congestion and reduce fever. Chicken soup is also used as a digestive aid and to treat stomach ailments. It is said to be good for the heart and kidneys.
What main dish goes with tomato soup?
Tomato soup is a classic comfort food. It is usually served with bread, but you can also serve it with pasta or potatoes. This recipe is easy to make and tastes great! Ingredients: 1 cup diced tomatoes
What goes well with chicken soup?
Soup is a great way to get a healthy meal into your diet. It’s easy to make and very filling. Soups are usually served cold but if you’re looking for something hot, try adding a bit of broth to your favorite tomato soup recipe. You can also serve soups warm or even hot. Add a dash of cream or milk to give your soup a creamy texture. Try serving soup with bread or crackers. Crackers go well with any type of soup.
What goes with chicken soup for dinner?
Soup is a great way to get your family to eat healthy. It is low in calories and fat and full of nutrients. However, if you serve soup with bread or crackers, it becomes a meal. So, what goes well with soup? A salad! Salads are perfect because they are light and refreshing. They are also easy to make and take very little time.
What kind of bread goes with chicken noodle soup?
Soup is a great way to get lots of nutrients into your diet. It is also very filling and easy to digest. However, if you are looking to lose weight, you should avoid eating soups with bread or other starchy foods. These types of foods tend to fill you up quickly and leave you feeling hungry soon after. Instead, try adding vegetables to your soup to help you feel fuller longer. Vegetables such as carrots, celery, peppers, broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, beans, peas and corn are all good choices.