What’s your favorite Thanksgiving side dish?
Turkey Day is almost here!
If you’re looking for some new recipes to try out this year, then you’ve come to the right place.
Here are my top 10 favorite Thanksgiving side dishes.
1I’m sure there are plenty of other recipes out there, but these are the ones that I personally enjoy.
1. Green Bean Casserole
Green beans are a traditional side dish for Thanksgiving dinner. This recipe calls for canned green beans, but if you prefer to use frozen, simply thaw them before using. 2. Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes 3. Sweet Potato Casserole
Other casseroles that you will love:
1. Green Beans Casserole Green bean casserole is a classic American side dish. It’s usually served during the holidays, especially Thanksgiving. In this recipe, we used canned green beans, but you can easily substitute frozen green beans instead. 2. Roast Garlic Mashed Potatos
2. Steamed Green Beans
1. Green Bean Casserole Green Bean Casserole is a classic American Side Dish. It’s typically served during the holiday season, particularly Thanksgiving. In this recipe we used canned green beans but you can easily substitute fresh green beans instead.
3. Sauteed Mushrooms
2. Steamed Green Beans 1. Green Bean Casserlee. Green Bean Casserle is a classic American Side dish. It’s traditionally served during the holiday season especially Thanksgiving. In this recipe I used canned green beans but if you prefer fresh green beans you can easily substitute them. 3. Sauteed Mushroomes. Sauteed mushrooms are great side dish for any meal. They are very versatile and easy to make. This recipe is perfect for anyone who loves mushrooms. Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter unsalted 1/4 cup olive oil 1 pound white button mushrooms, sliced 1 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1/2 cup dry red wine 1/2 cup heavy cream Directions: Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 13 baking pan. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the mushrooms to the prepared baking pan. Pour the wine into the skillet and boil until reduced by half. Whisk in the cream and reduce the heat to low. Cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour the sauce over the mushrooms and bake until heated through, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Bacon is a delicious breakfast meat that is usually cooked using bacon fat. It is typically eaten with eggs and other breakfast items such as pancakes, waffles, and biscuits. However, bacon can be enjoyed in many different ways. For instance, it can be added to salads, sandwiches, pasta dishes, soups, and even desserts. Here are some recipes that incorporate bacon: 1. Breakfast Sandwich Ingredients: 2 slices whole wheat bread or gluten free 1 slice cheddar cheese 1 slice tomato 1 slice avocado 1 slice bacon 1 egg 1 tablespoon mayonnaise Directions: Toast the bread. Spread the mayo on each piece of bread. Top with the cheese, tomato, avocado, and bacon. Crack an egg on top of the sandwich. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or until the egg is done.
5. Cranberry Sauce
Cranberries are a type of berry that grows in North America. They are used in making cranberry sauce, jams, jellies, pies, and wines. Cranberries are very tart berries that are rich in vitamin C. They are also known to help prevent urinary tract infections. Ingredients: 3 cups fresh cranberries 1 cup sugar ½ teaspoon salt Directions: Combine all ingredients together in a medium sized pan. Bring mixture to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Serve warm or cold. 6. Cornbread Stuffing Answer: This stuffing recipe uses cornbread instead of regular bread. Cornbread is a Southern dish that originated in the United States. It is a flat cake made from cornmeal dough. Ingredients: 1/2 pound ground beef 1/4 pound sausage any kind 1/4 pound ham 1/4 pound chopped celery 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper 1/4 cup chopped onions 1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell peppers 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning 1/4 teaspoon paprika 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard 1/4 teaspoon chili powder 1/4 teaspoon white vinegar 1/4 cup milk 1 cup cornbread mix Instructions: In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the ground beef, sausage, ham, celery, green bell peppers, onions, and red bell peppers until the vegetables are tender. Drain off excess grease. Add the thyme, sage, black pepper, garlic powder, salt, poultry seasoning, dry mustard, chili powder, paprika, and white vinegar. Stir well. Reduce heat to low and add the milk and cornbread mix. Mix well. Cook for about 5 minutes. Spoon into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
You only need a few ingredients:
This is a delicious and easy way to prepare sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are native to Central and South America. They grow in tropical climates and are usually orange in color. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of beta carotene, fiber, potassium, and vitamins A, B1, B3, and C. Ingredients: 2 pounds sweet potatoes 4 tablespoons butter 1 tablespoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon ginger 1/4 teaspoon cloves 1/4 teaspoon cardamom 1/4 teaspoon mace 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1/4 teaspoon salt Directions: Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into cubes. Place the cubed sweet potato pieces in a pot and cover with water. Boil the sweet potatoes until soft. Drain the water and return the sweet potatoes to the pot. Add the butter, spices, and salt. Mash the sweet potatoes with a fork. Serve hot. 7. Chocolate Chip Cookies Answer: These chocolate chip cookies are perfect for holiday parties. The secret ingredient is vanilla extract. Vanilla extract adds a nice flavor to the cookie. Ingredients: 1 cup shortening 1 cup granulated sugar 1 egg 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 1 cup flour 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips Instructions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cream the shortening and sugar together. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Sift the baking soda, salt, and flour together. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
6. Turkey Dipping Sauce
Turkey dipping sauce is great for Thanksgiving dinner. It is made from cranberry juice, ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. Ingredients: 1/2 cup cranberry juice 1/4 cup ketchup 1/4 cup yellow mustard 1/4 cup mayonnaise 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper 1/8 teaspoon celery seed 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme 1/8 teaspoon paprika 1/8 teaspoon ground sage 1/8 teaspoon ground rosemary 1/8 teaspoon ground marjoram 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom 1/8 teaspoon ground fennel seeds 1/8 teaspoon ground star anise 1/8 teaspoon ground mace 1/8 teaspoon ground clove 1/8 teaspoon ground anise 1/8 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoons ground ginger 1/8 teaspoons ground nutmeg 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoons ground coriander 1 teaspoon
7. Garlic Cauliflower Mash
Ingredients: 1 cup cauliflower florets 2 cups milk 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese salt & pepper Method: Cook cauliflower florets in microwave until tender. Drain well. Add milk and blend using hand blender or food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with grated cheese.
8. Mashed Potatoes
9. Brussels Sprouts
8. Mashed Potatoes Ingredients: 9. Brussels Sprouts 10. Carrots 11. Onions
10. Mashed Sweet Potatoes
9. Brussels sprouts 8. Messed Potatoes Ingredients: 10. Carrots 11.Onions
11. Oven Roasted Radishes
10. Mashed Sweet Potatos Ingredients: 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed 1/4 cup milk 3 tablespoons butter salt and pepper to taste Preparation: Place the cubed sweet potato into a bowl. Add the milk and butter and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let sit for 15 minutes. Drain off any remaining liquid. Mash the sweet potatoes until smooth. Serve warm.
12. Oven Roasted Radishes
Oven roasted radishes are delicious! I love these because they’re easy to make and they’re perfect for parties. Ingredients: 2 bunches of radishes, washed and trimmed olive oil
13. Cornbread Stuffing
Cornbread stuffing is a traditional Southern dish that’s very popular during the holiday season. It’s usually served with turkey but it’s great with other meats as well. This recipe is from my mom, who was born and raised in Mississippi. She learned how to make cornbread stuffing from her mother. Ingredients: 1 cup yellow cornmeal 1/2 cup flour