Labor Day is coming up soon!
What’s better than eating at home with family and friends?
How about making delicious food that everyone loves?
Here are 17 recipes that are sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
These recipes are perfect for summer entertaining because they can be prepared ahead of time and served cold.
Some of these dishes also freeze well, so you can enjoy them year round.
Here are 17 recipes that are guaranteed to impress your guests.
1. Fresh mango salsa
Fresh mangoes are available year round but peak season is summer. Mango salsa is a great way to enjoy the fruit during the off season. It’s easy to make and tastes delicious. 2. Spicy shrimp salad Answer: Shrimp salad is a classic dish that is always popular. This version uses spicy lime dressing instead of traditional creamy vinaigrette.
2. Mango prosciutto appetizers
Mango Prosciutto Appetizer Recipe – Easy & Delicious! 3. Sweet potato chips Sweet Potato Chips – A healthy snack recipe for kids.
3. Stuffed mushrooms with bacon and cream cheese
2. Mango Prosciutto appetizers – Easy & Delicious! Mango Prosciuto is a popular Italian condiment made from ripe mangoes. It’s usually served with mozzarella cheese and basil leaves. But I’ve added prosciutto ham to give it an extra kick. Ingredients:
4. Grilled garlic mushroom skewers
Stuffed Mushrooms with Bacon and Cream Cheese 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F 175 degrees C. In a bowl combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese; mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside. 2. Slice off the top third of each mushroom cap. Remove stems and set caps aside. Using a spoon, fill each mushroom cap with about 1/3 cup of the cheese mixture. Place caps back on mushroom stems. Wrap mushroom caps with aluminum foil. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
5. Grape jelly BBQ meatballs
6. Chicken wings 7. Garlic mushrooms
6. Bacon wrapped meatballs
5. Grape Jelly BBQ Meatballs Ingredients: 1/2 cup grape jelly
7. Honey-roasted figs
6. Bacon Wrapped Meatballs Ingredients: 1 pound ground beef 1/4 cup ketchup
8. Fig burrata Caprese
7. Honey-roasted Figs Ingredients: 8 ripe figs 2 tablespoons honey
9. Cheesy stuffed mini peppers
8. Fig burrata caprese Ingredients: 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese or other soft cheese 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
10. Skinny bell pepper nacho boats
9. Cheesy Stuffed Mini Peppers Ingredients: 2 cups cooked pasta I used penne 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
11. Shrimp ceviche
10. Skinny bell pepper Nacho Boats 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, and black pepper; whisk well. Add the eggs and milk and mix until smooth. Stir in the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip each tortilla into the batter, making sure to coat completely. Place the coated tortillas onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Cut each tortilla in half crosswise. Fill each tortilla half with 1/4 cup of the meat mixture. Top with 1 tablespoon of the cheese. Return to oven and bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately. 9. Cheesy stuffed mini peppers
12. Antipasti bites
Shrimp Ceviche Ingredients: • 2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined
13. Antipasto skewers
14. Chicken wings 15. Smoked salmon
14. Caprese salad skewers
1 Antipasto Skewers 2 Chicken Wings
15. Greek salad on a stick
1 Antipasto Skewer Ingredients:
16. Goat cheese and honey bites
2. Grilled Chicken Breast 3. Sliced tomatoes
17. Twice baked potato bites
16. Goat cheese and honey bite 2. Grilled chicken breast 3. Slices of tomato 17. Twice baked potatoes
Labor Day appetizers
Labor Day is celebrated every year on the 1st Monday of September. It was established in 1894 by President Grover Cleveland. This day is observed to commemorate the end of summer season and the beginning of fall. In addition to being a national holiday, it is also a state holiday in many states.