Chocolates Yummm!. It sounds so delicious isn’t it, so just imagine the dozens of crispy-chewy chocolate cookies placed in front of you. These cookies have a huge craze among people. Every sweet lover might be well aware of this Mouth-Watering dessert. Chocolate chip cookies were invented by American chefs Ruth Graves Wakefield and Sue Brides in 1938.
Origin – America
All around the globe, people are familiar with these tasteful cookies. They are popular due to their texture and ingredients. The cookies are highly in demand for their delicious taste and easily available ingredients. While preparing you won’t need much ingredients to make them tastefully baked. They are very simple and easy to make. The perfect season for these warm and chewy cookies have come. Home-made chocolate cookies are the right choice for your wintery cool days. I have commanded this recipe for years. My mother taught me the best recipe which my grandma taught her. Every vacation I used to bake them in a huge amount and make my vacations a yummy one. Chocolate chips are the most important and add up flavor ingredients. They are small bits of chocolate. Mostly available in a variety of shapes and sizes from large to miniature and from circular, conical, square to rectangular. Intake of Chocolate chips cause your brain to release feel-good chemicals such as Serotonin. Try different kinds of chips and nuts for easy flavor twists. You can add nuts, raisins, chocolate chunks or chopped chocolates as per your predilection. Brown sugar is refined white sugar with a molasses syrup mixed in. Brown sugar is considered slightly healthier as compared to white sugar with just a small difference in calories. People prefer brown sugar more over white ones as it provides a touch of extra flavor. It contains slightly more minerals than white sugar and retains moisture well as it is made of molasses.
- Creaming – Creating a creamy batter of butter and sugar including other ingredients.
- Mixing – Entirely mixing the batter and dry ingredients together to make a dough.
- Baking – The last and breathtaking step is to bake the cookies.
You are just 3 steps behind reaching to grab a handful of chocolate cookies. Trust me! This recipe is going to be amazingly delicious for you and your family. Preparation Time – 10 minutes Cook Time – 10-12 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 sticks of Butter
- 1 ¼ cup of Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts, if desired
Here we are using Maple Syrup in place of Brown Sugar. Maple Syrup keeps the cookie moist.
- Take a bowl and add 2 sticks of butter, 1 cup of sugar and 2 eggs and beat them well keeping medium speed of mixture until they get creamy.
- Add 2 tbsp of Maple syrup and 1 tsp of vanilla extract to the creamy bowl and mix them well.
- Take another large bowl and place 2 cups of flour, 1 tbsp of Baking soda and ½ tbsp salt in it.
- Gradually add flour mixture in the creamy bowl, mixing well with the help of a spoon.
- Add chocolate chips in it and stir it well.
- Take a rounded teaspoon to scoop the dough and drop it onto the greased cookie sheet.
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F and then place the sheet into the oven.
- Let it bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- For chewy cookies, allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Yeah!. It’s done now. You just need to follow these simple steps to reach your homemade cookies. These are everything a chocolate chip cookie should be- Crispy and cheesy. Doughy yet fully baked. Perfectly buttery and sweet.
- If you are using salted butter, be sure to use less salt else you will end up making salty cookies. Thus, start with ½ tsp salt and adjust to your taste. And make sure to use natural sea salt instead of iodized salts.
- Measure the flour quantity correctly. The best way to measure flour is to first stir the flour before spooning into the measuring cup. Fill to the top of the cup, and then sweep the excess-off the top with a flat edge of a butter knife or simple knife.
- Do not over-mix the Ingredients else you may end with flat cookies, that won’t look good.
- The ratio of sugar and salt used, the amount of butter and much flour is stirred in all makes a difference. To ensure success in baking, measure ingredients accurately using the right measuring equipment for the ingredients being measured.
For best results, add ingredients in the order they are called for.
- Use a 1-inch cookie/ice cream scooper to make consistently even shaped cookies.
- Be sure to give the dropped dough plenty of air space, so the cookies won’t bump into each other as they spread.
- To check if your cookies are done, you can poke the sides of the cookie with your finger. If the edge doesn’t fall inwards they’re done, if leaves an impression then they need more time to cook.
- Don’t forget to preheat your oven at 375 degrees F and bake them for approximately 10-12 minutes until they get golden brown and crunchy on the outside, and chewy on the inside.
Do not over-bake the cookies.
Sometimes people suffer with this kind of problem and get stuck to find its answer. When cookies are over baked, the moisture in the cookies evaporates, leaving them stiff and brittle. So, be well aware with the baking process and keep your eyes peeled. Remember different ingredients have different effects on the outcome of the product. For a perfect outcome, you need to focus on the type of material you put as an input. Separate kinds of flour can also create an entirely different type of cookie. From use of flour to butter and butter to sugar it can change the taste or shape of the cookie. From person to person choices differ. Some prefer crunchy and crisp cookies and rest of them crave for chewy cookies. If you are a fan of delicious chewy cookies, follow these easy tips to make your cookies the way you want.
- Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before taking them out on a cool surface.
- And the second thing which you can follow is to substitute cake flour with all-purpose flour.
- Butter contributes milk solids and water to a cookie, both of which soften it.
- Or you can use an extra egg for making cookies. Albumen (egg white) provides strength, stability and moisture. Yolks contain the entire fat of an egg and it increases richness, tenderness and flavor. Therefore, if you place an extra egg, you will get a chewier cookie and if you put less, it will turn more crispy.
Using Honey or Maple syrup is a healthier option for sweetening your cookies instead of using refined sugars. Honey contains more proteins, carbohydrates and calories while maple syrup contains more fats. Honey has higher levels of iron, copper and phosphorus, but maple syrup contains more calcium, potassium, magnesium and zinc. Why are chocolate chip cookies so lovable?
- They are easy to bake.
- Ingredients that you may require are readily available. You only need everyday ingredients.
- They are rich in taste.
Chocolate chip cookies are a quick source of carbohydrate, thus keeping hunger away. If you’re ever stressed due to work, relationships or other matters, a warm and crumble cookie is the best way to unwind these problems. Have faith! Cookies won’t ever fail you. Now go and grab your cookie and turn up your mood with these luscious cookies.