Do you love mustard?
If so, then you’ll love these 10 ways to use Dijon Mustard!
Dijon Mustard is a delicious condiment that has been around for centuries.
This versatile sauce can be used in a variety of dishes including salads, sandwiches, soups, and even desserts.
In this blog post I’m going to share my favorite uses for Dijon Mustard.
1. Eggs need not be basic!
2. Add a pinch of salt to your eggs and scramble them in a nonstick pan. 3. For a tasty side dish, toss together 1/4 cup of cooked pasta, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. 4. Spread Dijon mustard on bread slices and grill them until golden brown.
2. Coleslaw is boring no more
1. Eggs need not be plain! 2. Add salt to your eggs and scrambles them in a nonstick skillet. 3. For an awesome side dish, toss together a quarter cup of cooked pasta, two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, one tablespoon of dijon mustard, and one teaspoon of garlic powder. Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches. 4. Spread dijon mustard on bread slices and griddle them until golden brown. Slice the bread into triangles and serve with coleslaw.
3. Dijon roasted potatoes
1. Boil potatoes until tender. Let cool slightly, cut in half lengthwise, and scoop out the flesh. Mash the potato flesh with butter and season with salt and pepper. Mix in 1/4 cup of crumbled bacon. 2. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Coat the pan with vegetable spray. Place the potatoes in the hot pan and press down lightly. Cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Flip the potatoes and continue cooking until golden brown, about 5 minutes longer. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. An easy peasy pan sauce
Dijon Roasted Potatoes Ingredients: • 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes about 4
5. Glaze for days
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 2. Peel potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place in a bowl and toss with olive oil and salt.
6. Mayo’s good now
5. Glaze for days 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F 2. Peel the potatoes and cut into 1 inch thick slices. Toss the potato slices with olive oil and salt and place onto a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. A masterful rub
6. Mayo’s Good Now 5. Glaze For Days
8. Creamy Dijon Brussels Sprouts
1. A masterful rub – This is a great way to get a flavorful crust on meats. It’s very easy to make and takes only minutes. Ingredients: 1/2 cup kosher salt 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper 1 tablespoon garlic powder 1 tablespoon paprika 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 1 teaspoon chili powder Combine all ingredients together and store in an airtight container. Use within 6 months. 2. Mayo’s good now – Mayo is a staple in our house. We love using it on sandwiches, salads, burgers, and even pizza! Here’s how we make it. Ingredients: 1/4 cup olive oil 1/3 cup mayonnaise 1/4 tsp mustard we prefer yellow 1/4 tsp garlic powder 1/4 tsp onion powder 1/4 tsp celery seed 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp white pepper 1/4 tsp dill 1/4 tsp parsley 1/4 tsp basil 1/4 tsp thyme 1/4 tsp sage 1/4 tsp rosemary 1/4 tsp marjoram 1/4 tsp oregano 1/4 tsp chives 1/4 tsp curry powder Mix all ingredients together well and refrigerate until ready to use. Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
9. Wake up the soup
Soup is one of those dishes that always seems to taste better when you make it yourself. And if you’re looking for something quick and easy, here’s a delicious recipe from Food Network star Giada De Laurentiis. Ingredients: 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces 1 14 ounce bag frozen broccoli florets 1 10 ounce package frozen baby carrots 1 16 ounce carton low-fat, reduced sodium chicken broth 1 15 ounce can corn kernels, drained 1 10 ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup 1 8 ounce container sour cream 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken in a 9×13 inch baking dish; top with broccoli, carrots, and corn. Pour broth over vegetables; bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven; stir in soup and sour cream. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Top servings with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
10.That Dijon coating
This is a great way to get rid of extra calories while still enjoying a tasty treat. It’s a very popular snack in France and other parts of Europe. Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour 1 teaspoon salt 3 tablespoons sugar 1 tablespoon dill weed 1 egg yolk 1/4 cup milk 1/3 cup vegetable oil 1/4 cup Dijon mustard Instructions: Combine flour, salt, sugar, dill weed, and egg yolk in a bowl. Mix well. Add milk and mix again. Stir in oil and mustard. Drop batter by spoonfuls onto hot skillet. Cook about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Makes approximately 20 to 24 cookies. 11. That chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream Answer: This is a fun dessert that kids love to help make. Ingredients: 1 quart vanilla ice cream 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips 1/2 cup chopped pecans 1/2 cup mini marshmallows Directions: In a medium saucepan, heat ice cream and chocolate chips over medium heat until melted. Stir in marshmallows. Transfer mixture to an airtight container and freeze overnight. Serves 12 to 18.
Ways to use Dijon Mustard
Dijon mustard is used primarily as a condiment, but it can also be used as a marinade, salad dressing, and dip. It’s delicious on sandwiches, burgers, fish, vegetables, poultry, and pork. 12. That bread pudding Answer: Bread pudding is a classic American comfort food. It’s usually served warm, but it can be eaten cold if desired. Ingredients: 4 slices white bread cut into cubes 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup raisins 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 1/2 cup milk 1/4 cup maple syrup 1/2 cup heavy cream 1/4 cup Dijkonaise Sauce recipe below Instructions: Butter bread cubes and place in a greased 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar, raisins, and nuts. Pour milk, maple syrup, and cream over top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through. Top with Dijonnaise Sauce. Makes 8 servings. 13. That Dijon Sauce
Eggs need not be basic
This sauce is great on eggs, potatoes, pasta, salads, and even grilled meats. Ingredients: 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 tablespoon minced garlic 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1/2 cup red wine vinegar 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard 1/3 cup vegetable oil 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil Instructions: Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for about 5 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the cooled oil mixture. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving. Makes about 2 cups. 14. That Baked Beans A tasty side dish Answer: This baked beans recipe is a favorite among my family. I love how easy it is to make and how versatile it is. It goes well with everything from tacos to hamburgers. Ingredients: 1 pound dry navy beans
What spices pair well with mustard?
To balance the flavor of mustard, you can use other ingredients such as vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, sugar, and herbs. For instance, if you want to balance the flavor of mustard powder, you can mix it with vinegar and salt. To balance the flavor of yellow mustard, you can mix it together with lemon juice and salt. You can also balance the flavor of black mustard by mixing it with sugar and salt.
What spice compliments mustard?
Dijon mustard goes great with many different types of foods. It pairs well with meats, vegetables, salads, breads, and desserts. It is used as a condiment and spreads easily on sandwiches. It is also used as a marinade for meat and fish.
What does Dijon mustard pair with?
Dijon mustard is a type of mustard that originated from France. It is usually served with meats such as steak, pork chops, sausages, and burgers. It is used as a condiment for salads and sandwiches. Dijon mustard is very versatile and goes well with many different types of foods.
What does mustard go best with?
Mustard goes well with almost anything. It pairs well with meat, fish, vegetables, salads, breads, and desserts. Mustard is a versatile condiment that can be used in many different ways. It can be added to sauces, dressings, dips, spreads, soups, stews, marinades, and even salad dressing. It can be used as a dip for chips, pretzels, crackers, and other snack items. It can be spread on sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, pizza, and pasta dishes. It can be mixed into sauces and gravies. It can be sprinkled on eggs and meats. It can be used to flavor popcorn, potato chips, and french fries. It can be used in place of ketchup on hamburgers, hotdogs, and sausages. It can be used on grilled cheese sandwiches. It can be used with baked potatoes and sweet potatoes. It can be used for dipping seafood, such as shrimp, crab legs, and oysters. It can be used instead of salt when seasoning
What flavors go with Dijon mustard?
Dijon mustard pairs well with many dishes. It goes great with fish, poultry, meat, vegetables, salads, sandwiches, and desserts. It’s also good with cheese, especially blue cheese.
What does Dijon mustard go well with?
Spices complement each other well. For instance, if you were to put curry powder into a dish, it would go well with any type of meat. However, if you were to mix cumin and chili powder together, it would not taste good. It would be better to combine these two spices separately.
How do you balance mustard flavor?
Mustard is a condiment that pairs well with many different types of food. It goes great with hot dogs, hamburgers, sandwiches, and even pizza. Mustard is used in many dishes because of its flavor and versatility. It is usually added to sauces, salads, soups, stews, and other dishes. It is also used in pickles, relishes, and spreads.