Do you love pork chops but don’t want to eat the same thing every night?
Here’s a list of delicious side dishes that will satisfy your appetite and keep you coming back for more!
There are countless ways to prepare pork chops, but here are 19 mouthwatering side dishes that will satisfy even the pickiest eater.
1 These recipes include a variety of flavors and textures, making them perfect for any occasion.
1. Steamed green beans
Green Beans are one of the most popular side dishes for pork chops. It goes well with any type of meat. You can either steam them yourself or buy them already cooked from the market. 2. Mashed potatoes Answer: Potatoes are another favorite side dish for pork chops. You can mash them and serve them hot or cold.
2. Mashed potato casserole
Potato casserole is a great way to enjoy mashed potatoes. This recipe uses frozen hashbrowns instead of mashed potatoes. 3. Green bean salad Answer: This is a very easy and quick side dish. Just cut the green beans into pieces and toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
3. Roasted brussels sprouts
Brussels sprouts are delicious roasted with olive oil, garlic and rosemary. Cut off the leaves from the brussel sprouts and remove any tough outer layer. Toss the brussel sprout with olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped garlic. Place on baking sheet and roast in oven at 400 degrees F until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve hot. 4. Baked sweet potato fries Answer: Sweet potatoes are a wonderful source of vitamin A and potassium. Bake these fries in the oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Cut the sweet potato lengthwise and scoop out the flesh. Slice the skin into thin strips and place in a bowl. Add 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix well and spread onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the fries over and bake another 10 minutes. Cool completely and store in airtight container.
4. Caesar salad
To make a classic caesar salad, combine romaine lettuce, croutons, Parmesan cheese, anchovies, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. 5. Grilled eggplant Eggplants are a great way to get more vegetables into your diet. Grill eggplant slices on a grill pan or under the broiler. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 5 inches from heat for 8 to 12 minutes per side or until soft. Serve with marinara sauce.
5. Jiffy corn casserole
Jiffy corn casseroles are a quick and easy way to feed a crowd. Simply mix 1 cup each of frozen corn, shredded Cheddar cheese, and crushed potato chips; 2 cups of milk; 1/2 teaspoon salt; and 1 tablespoon butter. Pour mixture into a greased 13×9 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Top with sour cream and chives if desired. 6. Chicken nuggets Chicken nugget recipes vary widely depending on what type of breading you choose. For a crispy coating, dip chicken pieces in flour, beaten eggs, and seasoned breadcrumbs. Fry in hot vegetable oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
6. Sauteed mushrooms
Sauteed mushrooms are delicious served over pasta, rice, or potatoes. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. 7. Easy macaroni and cheese 8. Creamy tomato soup
7. Oven-roasted bok choy
6. Sauteed mushrooms Sauteed mushrooms also called cremini are delicious served over pasta or rice. Heat olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Sauté sliced mushrooms until tender. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately. 7. Easy macaroni & cheese Macaroni and cheese is a classic comfort food. This recipe uses whole wheat elbow macaroni and a mix of sharp cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. It’s easy to make and tastes great! 8. Creamy tomato soup
8. Southwest sweet potato, kale, and black bean skillet
Bok Choy also known as Chinese cabbage is a member of the brassica family. Bok Choy is a popular vegetable in Asian cuisine. It is usually eaten raw in salads but can also be cooked. Bok Choy is available year round in grocery stores. You can choose from different varieties such as baby bok choy, regular bok choy, and even purple bok choy. Baby bok choy is perfect for stir-fries because it cooks quickly and doesn’t get tough. Regular bok choy is good for soups and stews because it holds up well when cooked. Purple bok choy is used in Chinese dishes and is very nutritious. 9. Roast beef brisket 9. Chicken and dumplings 10. Slow cooker pulled pork tacos
9. Baked potato
1. Southwest Sweet Potato, Kale, and Black Bean Skillet 2. Bok Choy also known as Cabbage is a member of the Brassica Family. Bok Choy is usually eaten raw in salad but can also be cooked. Bok Choy is available in grocery stores all year round. You can choose from various types of bok choy such as baby bokchoy, regular bokchoy, and purple bok choy. Baby bok choy are great for stir-fry because they cook fast and don’t get tough. Regular Bok Choy is good for soup and stew because it hold up well when cooked. Purple bok choy is great for Chinese dishes and is very healthy. 10. Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos
10. Corn fritters
1. Southwest Sweet Potato,Kale,and Black Bean Skillet Ingredients: • 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
11. Crispy baked eggplant
10. Corn Fritters 1. Southwestern Sweet Potato, Kale, and Black Bean Skillet 2. Crispy Baked Eggplant 3. Roasted Cauliflower Salad 4. Grilled Portobello Mushroom Pesto Pasta 5. Chicken Enchilada Casserole 6. Lemon Pepper Salmon 7. Creamy Tomato Soup 8. Slow Cooker Beef Stew 9. Easy Homemade Pizza 10. Cheesy Ranch Dressing
12. Lemon pasta
11. Crispy Baked Eggsplant 12. Lemon Pasta 13. Lemon Garlic Shrimp
13. Grilled tomatoes
1. Lemon pasta 2. Crispy baked eggsplant
14. Honey butter skillet corn
1. Lemon pasta 2 Crispy baked eggsplant 14. Honey butter skillet corn Answer: 1. Lemon Pasta 2 Crispy Baked Eggsplants 14. Honey Butter Skillet Corn
15. Roasted parmesan green beans
15. Roasted Parmesan Green Beans 16. Creamy garlic broccoli
16. Curried potato salad
1 Roast the green beans in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes until tender. While still hot, toss with 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. 2 Steam the broccoli florets in a steamer basket over simmering water for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon curry powder, salt and pepper. Arrange on a serving platter; sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serves 4.
17. Creamed corn with bacon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F 175 degrees C. In a medium bowl, combine corn kernels, milk, butter, sugar and salt. Stir together until combined. Transfer mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover tightly with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Serves 6. 18. Baked sweet potatoes 1. Preheat oven 450 degrees F 230 degrees C
18. Sauteed spinach
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F 220 degrees C. Place sweet potato pieces into a shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 20 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Return to oven 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately. Serves 4. 19. Chicken enchilada casserole 1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F 190 degrees C. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Layer half of each tortilla with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, 1 tablespoon chopped green onions, 2 tablespoons salsa, and 1 ounce about 3 tablespoons shredded cooked chicken. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in prepared dish. Repeat layering process with remaining ingredients. Top with remaining tortillas. Pour enchilada sauce evenly over top. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake 35 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serves 8.
19. Corn on the cob
To get corn on the cob ready for eating, cut off the husk and silk. Then remove the outer layer of the corn using a sharp knife. Next, slice the kernels off the cob. To prevent the corn from turning black, soak the ears of corn in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry. 20. Baked beans 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F 180 degrees C. In a medium bowl combine beans, ketchup, mustard, sugar, molasses, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Mix well. Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Stir in bacon bits. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes or until bubbly. Serves 6.
19 Best Side Dishes For Pork Chops
Corn on the cob To cut off the husk, hold the ear of corn firmly between your thumb and forefinger. With a sharp knife, cut down along the side of the ear, cutting about 1/4 inch into the cob. Remove the husks and silks. Rinse the corn under cool running water; drain. Pat dry. Cut the kernels off the cob with a sharp knife. Baked beans